Dear friends and colleagues
In 2011, we organised the first international conference on Spatial Ecology & Conservation (SEC1). Scientists and conservation practitioners from around the world came to discuss and evaluate the latest advances in spatial ecology and associated technologies, and how these could best be deployed to underpin conservation (see the SEC1 proceedings). At that first meeting, we agreed to hold a conference every three years to report progress, assess needs and present new findings. On behalf of the conference committee, I am delighted to welcome you to our second international meeting: Spatial Ecology & Conservation (SEC2).
- Realising the full potential of remotely sensed data for conservation
- Understanding species’ distributions
- Training and professional development
- Advances in mapping and analysing terrestrial and marine systems
- Decision support tools for conservation
- Selecting and designating Marine Protected Areas (MPAs)
Dr Mark O’Connell
Director of ERT Conservation
Chair of conference committee
SEC2 has been endorsed by the International Association of Landscape Ecology UK and current ialeUK members are entitled to a registration discount.